Top Taiwan natural and healthy green tea from natural farming tea garden
One of the world-renowned green tea in Taiwan, planted in a pesticide-free natural tea garden in Sanxia, New Taipei City. Pilou-Chung is famous for its beautiful appearance, bright color, fragrance and mellow taste. Without oxidation, it imparts fresh and natural fragrance, recalls sweet pea and reminds youth. As a result of basic principle of the garden, which means natural farming, the data from SGS 398 pesticides test shows nil residues.
Fresh and elegant smell, precious and tender one-tip two-leaf picked by hands
Harvested twice a year, Pilou-Chung is picked by hands with one-tip two-leaf and made from a variety called Chinxing Kantzu(青心柑仔), the cultivar is only grown in Sanxia.
Noted of grassy aroma, the light green liquid tastes extremely delicate and fresh with lingering floral fragrance. Contents lots of health benefits, especially Catechin.
Legend of this famous green tea
Its original name is Xia Sha Ren Xiang (which means "scary fragrance"). Legend tells of its discovery by a tea picker who ran out of space in her basket and put the tea between her breasts instead. The tea, warmed by her body heat, emitted a strong aroma that surprised the girl.
According to the Qing Dynasty chronicle, the Kangxi Emperor tasted the tea while he visited the region. At that time, because of its rich aroma, local people called it "Scary Fragrance". The Emperor decided to give it a more elegant name – "Green Snail Spring", and pronounced Pilou-Chung in Chinese.
We suggest glass pot or cup, so that you can see the colour of the infusion and the leaves dance in water, and what’s more important is the fact that glass disperses quickly actually lends itself to brewing green teas.
Small teapot of 200 ml
(1) 7 grams of tea leaf into teapot with 150ml of 85°C (185°F) water;
(2) First brew for 60 secs. Extend 10 to 20 secs after each brew. (Can be re-brewed for 5 to 6 times)
(1) 5 grams of tea leaf into teapot with 350ml to 500ml of 85°C (185°F) water.
(2) First brew for 3 minutes. Extend 1 to 2 minutes after each brew. (Can be re-brewed 3-4 times)
(1) 5 grams of tea leaf into teapot with 350 to 500 ml of cold water.
(2) Storage into refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours or until the liquid becomes golden yellow.
Product: Pilou-Chung Green Tea
Ingredient: Green tea (hand-pick)
Origin: Sanxia, New Taipei City, Taiwan
Type: Loose tea
Valid period: 2 years